The Whimsical Arcane
2018 DECKS I'M EXCITED TO GET MY HANDS ON
Updated: Oct 1, 2020
I've been telling people (fellow Filipinos and Filipinas who are also into Tarot reading and cartomancy) that I tend to acquire / buy my decks overseas (online) primarily because we have very limited resources here. It could be quite frustrating actually due to the fact that I have to wait 1-3 grueling months to get it shipped - not to mention the *le sigh* shipping fees and customs taxes that I have to go through. *le sigh again*
Here is a list of (some not yet released and some I'm working on to have a budget - lol) decks that I'm excited to get my hands on hopefully this 2018.
1. Game of Thrones Tarot by Liz Dean & Craig Cross - No explanation needed here - lol.
The deck is available for pre-order on Amazon now for $24.95.
It's expected to be released on March 20, 2018. Photo Credit: Craig Cross
2. The Victorian Romantic by Baba Studio - I have been waiting for this deck for a long time and has totally regretted not having to buy it when it first came out. It has been voted 'Deck of the Year' in 2006 - and you could see why. So when Baba Studio finally announced a second printing on the way - I hit the pre-order button right away. Unfortunately, this may take me around last quarter of 2018 to get my hands on... Crossing my fingers!
The deck is available for pre-order on their website for $76. It's expected to be released by the spring of 2018. Photo Credit: Baba Studio
3. True Black Tarot by Arthur Wang - I automatically get obsessed with anything that is color black (that is why I am so in love with my Golden Thread Tarot deck) so imagine my girlish squeals when I laid my eyes on this one. It's a bit pricey though if you ask me so I am still trying to find ways to convince my practical self and manifest this - lol. The wait is going to kill me too. T_T
The deck is available for pre-order on their website for $75. It's expected to be released by the end of 2018. Photo Credit: Arthur Wang
4. Chris Anne's Light Seer's Tarot & Tarot of the Muse Decks - Chris Anne has been a source of creative inspiration to me so it's only natural that her decks resonated with me when she first posted this on her Instagram. If you'd like updates on this, go check out her Instagram account.
Photos seen above are compiled. Photo Credit: Chris-Anne
5. Fairy Tale Tarot by Yoshi Yoshitani - This one is such an eye candy for anyone who's into fairy tales so it's only natural (again) that I got hooked. I'm hoping Yoshi would finish the entire deck soon (might take a while before it gets released).
Photo Credit: Yoshi Yoshitani
6. Ethereal Visions Tarot by Matt Hughes - I have been waiting for this to come out last year but alas, production of the decks have been delayed. Update on this deck here.
Photo Credit: Matt Hughes
7. Girls Drawin' Girls Group Tarot Deck by Kelsey Lyyn Cretcher - I am a total supporter for women empowerment. I love the creation backstory of this deck. It's chic, artsy and magical! Each card on this deck has been drawn by awesome, creative and talented artists (all women).
Photo Credit: Girls Drawin' Girls
I hope you enjoyed my (growing) wishlist. Are you looking to buy any of these too? What's on your shopping list?
If you like this article, show me some love by clicking the ♥ below.